Monday, October 20, 2008

Style & Misc. Bits & Bobs

It's been a while since I posted anything. Death, Taxes and Computer crashes have taken most of my attention, time and money over the summer but I'm back with a new blog, ready to try again. Out of the ashes of the old Alchemist blog rises a new alter Ego, 'Gamol Gabere'. The writing will remain much the same as before with more emphasis on fiction then on baring my soul or exposing any dark secrets.

I will try to put more emphasis this year on improving my writing and less on content. I think I know where my weaknesses lay, other then punctuation and spelling. I have always had problems in school with expository essays and descriptive writing so if you should spot something that could use improvement, please feel free to comment, especially any professional writers out there. While I appreciate the pats on the back I also need some constructive criticisms.

As for my writing style...I have no idea of what it is or what it is attempting to evolve into. I know whose writing I like to read so I suppose I should ask myself what is it about their writing that appeals to me and find a common thread in them all and try to emulate it or create a style of writing that has the same feel and flow that appeals to me.

1 comments:

paisley October 21, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

just write.. your words will serve as their own definition... so good to see you back....