Sunday, November 18, 2007

Things That I Carry

#85 - "I carry"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wasn't going to post anything this week because I left it so late, but I decided that I better not slough off. I know myself too well that next week I'll procrastinate and find another reason not to post if I don't put something down on paper. This post is likely to be another one of those rambling affairs.

When I first read the prompt I thought of the book 'The things that they carried" by Tim O'Brien.
"They carried malaria tablets, love letters, 20 pound mine detectors, dope, illustrated Bibles, each other, and, if they made it home alive, they carried unrelenting images of a nightmarish war that history is only beginning to absorb." This is one of the few books that I have read more then once but it was not my experience and I have come to terms with any nightmarish events in my life that i might have had and no longer carry them along with me.

Since retirement I no longer wear a watch, rings, chains, jewelery of any kind. To a large extent I am no longer a slave to time. What I do carry is a Ben Sherman messenger bag, my children call it my merse, I used to carry a MEC daypack but exchanged it for the MESSENGER bag in the spring. In my bag I carry, 2 Fountain pens, ink cartridges, mechanical pencil, moleskine and a book for when I am in coffee shops, on buses or waiting rooms. I'm presently carrying Ted Simon's "Jupiter's Travels." I also carry my wallet, change, pocket knife, medication, ipod, and art pens in my bag. This is all mundane everyday stuff, most of which everybody carries along with them. What do I carry that might be worth a mention in a blog. Something that might get people to say; Isn't that interesting!


A few years back I watched a movie called "What the Bleep do we know!? I'm not going to get into describing what the movie was about at this time but the scientific community and the religionists alike panned it as fake science and tied to mysticism. Which to my mind only proved to me that science is as Dogmatic in their beliefs as religion. There was a scene in this movie where Amanda, a deaf photographer played by Marlee Matlin comes across a series of photographs in the subway called The Hidden messages in Water.
Dr Masaru Emoto discovered that crystal formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed towards them. Loving words produce beautiful complex, colorful snowflake patterns. While hateful, negative words make incomplete asymmetrical patterns that are dull and ugly. There is a narrator in the subway that goes on to say that since our bodies are made of 65/70 percent water, what do you think these hateful words and negative thoughts are doing to us? Yes the scientific community denies his findings because he doesn't support them with real scientific experimentation. My intuition is saying thatwhat Dr.Emoto has discovered makes perfect sense to me.

I carry in my pocket, the only thing I carry, a small Rose Quartz crystal and when ever I put my hand in my pocket and touch it I am reminded to say to myself; "THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU"!

3 comments:

josie2shoes November 19, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

It is interesting how it changes thru time, what we feel we must carry with us daily, what is essential. Like you I must always have pen and paper and a book. I marvel at younger women who get by with a small ID carrier and some change in the pocket! I wait eagerly for the day when I can abandon my wristwatch permanently, I love it so when I am not a slave to time on the weekends! This was an interesting post, Webster... thanks for sharing. Next week I'll be back with a contribution!

Rob Kistner November 20, 2007 at 9:59 AM  

This was a very engaging read. Thank you for this level of sharing.

Anonymous,  November 21, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

Hi,
I just found Sunday Scriblings. You write from a solid heart.

Since you shamelessly love movies - please look at mine - www.theinnerchristmasmovie.com

My messages during the Holy Nights are designed to give my readers something new to consider when they self-reflect. I engage them in an experience of soul alchemy. I hope you will sign up.

Warmly, Lynn